Why a site about prayer?

The purpose of this site is to encourage us to each go deeper in our prayer life. One way that we do that is by praying together. Another way we do that is by praying individually yet collectively on the same prayer themes. Our hope is that as we share prayers and reflect on them and pray over them at the same time in our individual lives, the Holy Spirit will speak to each of us and allow us to encourage and edify one another in prayer.

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Partakers of Heavenly Treasure


O God, you declare your almighty power chiefly in showing mercy and pity: Grant us the fullness of your grace, that we, running to obtain your promises, may become partakers of your heavenly treasure; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.


Weekly Collect for October 1, from the Book of Common Prayer



5 comments:

  1. I want to run to obtain your promises. Let me not sit back, let me not wait - I press on to commune with you that I might partake in your heavenly treasures! I love you Jesus. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grant me the fullness of your grace today, Jesus. Have mercy on me. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have mercy on me Lord Jesus. I need your mercy. Thank you for your mercy. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jesus, thank you for your mercy, thank you for your forgiveness.... of each and every one of my sins. Your sacrifice is sufficient. My confidence is in you. I want to receive your promises. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  5. fullness of grace...o how i need it, Jesus. thank you for your mercy. help me run fervently to pursue the promises available through you. i want to partake in your heavenly treasures. amen.

    ReplyDelete