Why a site about prayer?

The purpose of this site is to encourage us to each go deeper in our prayer life. One way that we do that is by praying together. Another way we do that is by praying individually yet collectively on the same prayer themes. Our hope is that as we share prayers and reflect on them and pray over them at the same time in our individual lives, the Holy Spirit will speak to each of us and allow us to encourage and edify one another in prayer.

Monday, September 25, 2017

Prayer of confession

Please forgive me when
I believe my feelings
instead of choosing faith.
Please forgive me when
I listen to my thoughts
instead of your voice.
Please forgive me when
I rely on my own insight
instead of your wisdom
and your Word.

Your love is perfect.
Your ways are perfect.
Your glory is forever.


Amen.



By Laurie Aker, Thistlebend Email Devotional, Friday, September 22, 2017

11 comments:

  1. Lord, thank you for forgiving me everything. Lead me in exercising my faith. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your love is perfect. You are holy. Thank you Lord, for saving me. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Help me to surrender to the sound of your voice alone. You are perfect in every way. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord, what are my feelings, my thoughts, my insight? I know they are nothing compared to your glorious riches. I lay them at your feet, Lord and wait in anticipation of you and all you bring. You hold all things together. I trust you Jesus. I love you Jesus. You astonish me! Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remove every thread of self-reliance in me, Lord Jesus. Humble me completely and make me fully reliant upon you. A beautiful surrender because you are perfect in every way. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your love is perfect. Your ways are perfect. Your glory is forever. Truth. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forgive my pride, and every word that I have uttered because of my pride. Forgive my grandiose ideas. Bring me into your reality. Help me empty self at your feet. Simplify me Lord. Satisfy me with unvarnished truth. Reality. Amen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lord, take from me and protect me from being false or peacocking, from desiring to be important or noticed in the human or spiritual realm. Hide me in Christ. Amen

      Delete
  9. Your voice, Your wisdom alone, Lord. I put my faith in You. My trust squarely on Your shoulders. Remove from me and level of independence and reliance on self. I surrender to You alone. Jesus!!!! You are worthy!!!! I adore you. Amen.

    ReplyDelete