Why a site about prayer?

The purpose of this site is to encourage us to each go deeper in our prayer life. One way that we do that is by praying together. Another way we do that is by praying individually yet collectively on the same prayer themes. Our hope is that as we share prayers and reflect on them and pray over them at the same time in our individual lives, the Holy Spirit will speak to each of us and allow us to encourage and edify one another in prayer.

Monday, December 19, 2016

Shepherd of Israel

Shepherd of Israel,
may Jesus, Emmanuel and son of Mary,
be more than just a dream in our hearts.
With the apostles, prophets, and saints,
save us, restore us,
and lead us in the way of grace and peace,
that we may bear your promise into the world. Amen.

from Revised Common Lectionary prayers, Year A, Fourth Week of Advent





3 comments:

  1. Jesus, bestow your peace and grace on me. I want to carry it and bear witness to you. I can not give away what I do not have. I must have you, I can not speak one word of life unless I have you. How miraculous it is that you promise to do this in me. My soul longs for you, nothing else will do. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shepherd Jesus, lead me in the way of grace and peace. Save me and restore me in all of the areas I am broken. Lead me into the dreams you have for me - be my everything Jesus. I am lost without you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus, you are my shepherd. Please lead me in the way of grace and peace. Grow my faith to see you, to believe you, to let you shepherd me. Jesus, I need your shepherding in my parenting. Please lead me in the way of grace and peace. I am not lost and wandering. I am held safe and secure in you and given everything I need. My shepherd, I abide in you. My Jesus, I believe you and I abide in you. You are absolutely everything I need.

    ReplyDelete