Why a site about prayer?

The purpose of this site is to encourage us to each go deeper in our prayer life. One way that we do that is by praying together. Another way we do that is by praying individually yet collectively on the same prayer themes. Our hope is that as we share prayers and reflect on them and pray over them at the same time in our individual lives, the Holy Spirit will speak to each of us and allow us to encourage and edify one another in prayer.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Psalm 23

PSALM 23

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
     He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
     He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
    for his name's sake.
 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
 You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.

6 comments:

  1. You are my Shepherd. You lead me. You prepare for me. You anoint me. Let me receive all of the goodness and mercy you have for me with open arms and heart. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Lord, are my Shepherd. You lead and guide me. And even when I walk through the valley, you are with me. I will fear no evil. I will fear no evil. I will fear no evil. You are with me. You will comfort me. Surely your goodness and mercy will follow me. Thank you Lord that I can dwell with you forever and ever and ever and ever. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You restore my soul! You lead me for your name's sake! It's all about you, Jesus. You love and lead and guide for your own glory and honor and renown, and because you love your people made in your image. You delight in your creation. May I be caught up today in your leading and guiding. Might I fix my eyes on you alone for my strength and peace. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for green pastures to lie in. Thank you for still waters to quiet my soul. In you I find my rest, O Lord. You restore me, lead me, comfort me, anoint me. Pour your oil over me, Spirit, that I may tell of your goodness all my days. I adore you Jesus. Father you are too good to me. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will fear no evil, for you are with me. You are with me God. I worship you as Immanuel - God with us! Thank you, Father, Son, Spirit, for being with us -- for being with me!!! Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lord, shepherd me in your way, for your name sake. Forgive my debts as I forgive my debtors and keep me from temptation. Amen

    ReplyDelete