Why a site about prayer?

The purpose of this site is to encourage us to each go deeper in our prayer life. One way that we do that is by praying together. Another way we do that is by praying individually yet collectively on the same prayer themes. Our hope is that as we share prayers and reflect on them and pray over them at the same time in our individual lives, the Holy Spirit will speak to each of us and allow us to encourage and edify one another in prayer.

Monday, December 4, 2017

Advent Week One

Almighty God, give us grace to cast away the works of darkness, and put on the armor of light, now in the time of this mortal life in which your Son Jesus Christ came to visit us in great humility; that in the last day, when he shall come again in his glorious majesty to judge both the living and the dead, we may rise to the life immortal; through him who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.



Weekly Collect for Advent Week 1 from the Book of Common Prayer



5 comments:

  1. Jesus, give me grace to cast away darkness and to put on an armor of light. Cover me with your light. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You came. You came in great humility. You came to bring light to the darkness. Help me today, Jesus, to be your imitator. Help me to show up as one who bears light - Your Light. The light of salvation and love only possible through you, Abba, Son, Spirit. Make me an instrument today of your hope, joy, peace and love. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus, I long to cast off the works of darkness. Sin is not my master. Humble me. Dress me in your light, your humility, your love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jesus, you have come in complete humility and love. And you will come again to reign fully. In this time of ‘in between’, would we be faithful to your witness and bear light that others might come to know you. Would you continue to humble my heart as I seek to live as your disciple. I surrender all to you, beautiful Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have given ME grace to cast of darkness and bear light! Praise you Jesus, that in your death and resurrection I have been united to you. I am not a slave to sin, but rather bound to you in all righteousness! Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete