Why a site about prayer?

The purpose of this site is to encourage us to each go deeper in our prayer life. One way that we do that is by praying together. Another way we do that is by praying individually yet collectively on the same prayer themes. Our hope is that as we share prayers and reflect on them and pray over them at the same time in our individual lives, the Holy Spirit will speak to each of us and allow us to encourage and edify one another in prayer.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Psalm 63

Psalm 63 (New Living Translation)

1 O God, you are my God;
    I earnestly search for you.
My soul thirsts for you;
    my whole body longs for you
in this parched and weary land
    where there is no water.
2 I have seen you in your sanctuary
    and gazed upon your power and glory.
3 Your unfailing love is better than life itself;
    how I praise you!
4 I will praise you as long as I live,
    lifting up my hands to you in prayer.
5 You satisfy me more than the richest feast.
    I will praise you with songs of joy.
6 I lie awake thinking of you,
    meditating on you through the night.
7 Because you are my helper,
    I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings.
8 I cling to you;
    your strong right hand holds me securely.
9 But those plotting to destroy me will come to ruin.
    They will go down into the depths of the earth.
10 They will die by the sword
    and become the food of jackals.
11 But the king will rejoice in God.
    All who swear to tell the truth will praise him,
    while liars will be silenced.

9 comments:

  1. Searching, thirsting, seeing, gazing, praising you Lord. You satisfy me completely. I love you Lord. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I praise you as long as I live. I praise you with songs of joy. You are my help, Abba. I sing with joy in the shadow of your wings! I love you. I worship you. I adore you. You are worthy. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Triune God you are perfect... there is none like you. I glorify your name, you make wrong things right! Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cling to you. Your right hand holds me securely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think of you through the watches of the night...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will rejoice in God, my sustainer. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  7. You alone satisfy me...your love is better than life itself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jesus, you satisfy me more than the richest feast. I will praise you with songs of joy!!
    Satisfied. Jesus, you are my one thing.

    ReplyDelete