Why a site about prayer?

The purpose of this site is to encourage us to each go deeper in our prayer life. One way that we do that is by praying together. Another way we do that is by praying individually yet collectively on the same prayer themes. Our hope is that as we share prayers and reflect on them and pray over them at the same time in our individual lives, the Holy Spirit will speak to each of us and allow us to encourage and edify one another in prayer.

Sunday, January 15, 2017

The Son as Savior

Holy God, you gather the whole universe
into your radiant presence
and continually reveal your Son as our Savior.
Bring healing to all wounds,
make whole all that is broken,
speak truth to all illusion,
and shed light in every darkness,
that all creation will see your glory and know your Christ. Amen.



From the Revised Common Lectionary, Second Sunday after Epiphany, intercessor prayers of the people

10 comments:

  1. Thank you, Father, that you constantly reveal the Son to us. Thank you Jesus that you bring light, healing, wholeness, truth. May all creation see your glory and bow in worship. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord, show me truth. Show me your glory. Send me. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are radiant, Holy Lord. Thank you for sending the Son! I desire to keep my eyes fixed on Him. You are beautiful Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Savior, healing, wholeness, truth, light. Glory! Jesus! Find me. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jesus, speak truth to all illusions in my life! You are truth - you are the way - you are life. Fill me with your Spirit today and cover me with your presence. Open my eyes to see your beauty. In you is all of life!

    "9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living." -Romans 14:9


    ReplyDelete
  6. All of creation will see and know Christ! Amen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Father, as you continually reveal your Son to us, we will be healed! Jesus, you are my Life. Your radiant presence is all I seek!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jesus, you are Savior! We want to see your glory. And the purpose of us seeing your glory is so that we will see you as you are! The real you, in as much fullness as possible! Jesus you are worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christ Jesus I am desperate to know you more. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Father, speak truth into my illusions and bring me out of my darkness. Jesus you have given me freedom, walk me out of my open cage. Grow my trust in you. I must have all of you. Amen

    ReplyDelete