Why a site about prayer?

The purpose of this site is to encourage us to each go deeper in our prayer life. One way that we do that is by praying together. Another way we do that is by praying individually yet collectively on the same prayer themes. Our hope is that as we share prayers and reflect on them and pray over them at the same time in our individual lives, the Holy Spirit will speak to each of us and allow us to encourage and edify one another in prayer.

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Weekly Collect Prayer

weekly collect from the Book of Common Prayer for July 3

O God, you have taught us to keep all your commandments by loving you and our neighbor: Grant us the grace of your Holy Spirit, that we may be devoted to you with our whole heart, and united to one another with pure affection; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

8 comments:

  1. This resonated so deeply with me as I have been focusing on the Jesus Creed recently in my constant daily meditations. I love the Lord's timing. Thank you, Abba! There are no coincidences with you.

    Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Lord, devoted to you and united to one another! Your will, your way, your timing. In your name Jesus. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this expression of the trinity..."through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen."

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Grant us the grace of your Holy Spirit..." Yes, Spirit, continually grant me your grace. Grace upon grace as I seek to give you my whole heart and in doing so, unify me with others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is love! Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Father, Son and Spirit - I desire to be devoted to you with my whole heart. I long to be unified with others with pure affection. Let me walk in alignment today - I choose it - spirit, soul and body - that I might follow your lead in complete unity. And when I do, let me join you in the perfect dance that brings me into complete harmony with you and others. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems so simple Lord - we can keep all of your commandments by simply focusing in and following two: to love You and our neighbor with everything in our being. Help me to walk in this truth today, that I might be unified with you, Father, Son and Spirit. Grant us the grace to be devoted wholly today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lord we are undone by you. Show us your glory! Soften our hard hearts. We want to love you and all of your creation with the love you give us. Help us to let go of all that hinders and receive your good gift of unconditional love. No striving, just sacred rest. We adore you Papa! We adore you. Amen

    ReplyDelete